Thailand is a popular tourist destination for both local and international tourists. A lot of people come to visit Bangkok to enjoy its beautiful attractions. They also to enjoy the delicious food. Food safety is the major issue that concerns people from all over the world. The country has strict regulations regarding food safety. The government regulates all the food vendors. You can take help from experts such as Vize Counselor in Bangkok for help, but it is better to know more about Thailand’s regulations(FDA & Others).
Things You Need To Know About Thailand’s FDA
Although it is a very popular place for tourism, there are still many issues that concern people. As always, food safety is one of them.
One of the most important rules that is followed by the government is that food that is served in restaurants must be inspected by the FDA. If you want to operate food business in Thailand, then you need to know about the Thai FDA. Because it is very important for you to know what the law says and what is allowed and what is not allowed.
What Is The Role Of Thailand’s FDA?
Thailand Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is the regulator for all food products. It is a government organization that is responsible for inspecting food and drink sold in Thailand and ensuring that it is safe for consumption. The main function of FDA is to protect the consumers of Thailand from harmful food products. They ensure that the foods are safe to eat and are free from adulteration.
They are in charge of monitoring food quality, safety, and authenticity. It is the legal authority that protects the consumers of Thailand against fraudulent and harmful food products.
Every country has a FDA, but not all countries have a regulator. The reason behind this is that the number of regulations in a country will vary according to the level of development.
There are a lot of restaurants in Thailand. You need to know about the Thai FDA if you want to operate your food business in Patpong, Khao San Road, and so on.
The government does not only monitor the safety of food. It also monitors the food preparation techniques. There are a lot of food vendors that do not follow the rules and regulations of the Thai FDA. They have their own inspectors to check the food products before they are made available to the public. They inspect and analyze the food products on a regular basis.
There are a lot of people who are not aware of the food safety rules and regulations. They end up serving food that is unsafe for people. This can be dangerous to their health and can even lead to a death.
Some of the important functions of FDA are –
- Food Safety
- Product Safety
- Food Authenticity
- Quality Control
- Regulation of Food Labelling
- Quality Assurance
- Food Testing
- Monitoring of Food Products
Tips For Staying Safe From Possible Violations
Here are some tips that will help you to avoid such violations:
- It has inspectors that are assigned to different parts of the country.
- Beside’s FDA’s regulations, you need to be aware of possible labour disputes. Those arise from unexpected turn of events regarding your workforce. Though this is not under FDA, this can seriously hinder your business. You can take help from litigation lawyers in Thailand in those matters.
- The inspectors are assigned to areas where there is a high risk of eating unsafe food. They inspect the food in those areas.
- If someone thinks that the food you are serving is not safe, then they will inform the inspectors immediately.
- The inspectors of the Thai FDA are experts in their field and they are well-trained. They are trained to identify the unsafe foods. They are also trained to find out if the food was prepared according to the guidelines of the Thai FDA.
- There are three types of legal action taken by the FDA, namely, a warning letter, an investigation, and an inspection.
- As per Thai law, every manufacturer of food products is required to register the product with the relevant regulatory authority within 14 days of manufacturing it for the first time.
- They are also required to keep records of the product in the form of a sales receipt.
In conclusion, this article is all about how to protect your business from the Thai FDA violations. If you want to operate food business in Thailand without any fear, then you need to follow the food safety rules and regulations of the Thai FDA.